Monday, February 13, 2012

So it has been a while...

Almost a year since I last visited the blog. It has been tossed out recently by a few friends & family that I hadn't posted in a while and a few things have happened since May:

Peyton is now a big sister to Cameron. Big sister...tiny mother...always in my pocket...I am convinced this girl has a tracking device hidden on me somewhere that whenever I come within 5 feet of or am even thinking of going towards Cameron <POOF!> there she is. She has been stepped on more in the past 7 months than probably her 5 years whole life.


Peyton also had her 1st real dace recital at the Rialto Theater downtown. She is not dancing this year due to the fact that she wanted to take the dance class "where you don't have to wear a ponytail."  Miss Trish didn't have ant of those classes available, so she tumbled instead this fall. She also was not necessarily a fan of the *big stage*, but performed tear free when the time came!


Has Peyton known the song "Red Solo Cup" when it was time for her 5th birthday party, it may very well have been her theme song. We told her that she was NOT allowed to sing it at school, so she in turn asked her teacher the next day if she knew the song. <Insert our blank stare at dinner the next night with Peyton telling us this> Mrs. M, her teacher, did in fact know the song. When Peyton was asked why she talked about it her reply was "You said I couldn't sing the song." I guess she got us on that technicality.


And speaking of school, here is the 1st day of kindergarten! Shiny happy people did not last very long. Peyton was a hot mess waiting in car-line that morning. Her brother was a hot mess in car-line at dismissal. Cameron was 6 weeks old and not really a big fan of his car seat. Good thing the AC was on in the truck because any walkers might have thought I was torturing the poor little guy. Good times. Good times. Cameron has since come to accept the fact that roughly 30 minutes of his afternoons are going to consist of sitting in car-line.


And the 2nd day of kindergarten. My Little Hot Mess now goes with a smile on her face everyday, not so much the 1st week or so of school. The principal made her hysterical the 1st day. Awesome. He came into Peyton's classroom, sat down next to her, started talking to her and she was wanting nothing to do with that. Pretty sure they are now on good speaking terms! It is also a bonus that she always says she had a great day at school.


This is how my friend Debbie and I celebrated the 1st day of school! Yes, it was 8:45 in the morning and we were tossing back mimosas. Gotta celebrate all day kindergarten somehow! I may have polished them off/opened another bottle after Cameron's little fiasco at pick-up...

All in all, the past 9 months or so have been a bit busier & crazier now that there are 2 kids driving me Crazycakes!! I can't remember the last time I got to sleep until 6am. Dug makes fun of me for my 8:30 bedtimes, but Cameron thinks that anytime after 4am is acceptable for wake up. This kid wakes the sun up. I'll do an entire post on him here in the near future, cause he is a piece of work, let me tell you.



This is the look on his face EVERY morning when I say "It's time to take Sissy to school!"

No comments:

Post a Comment